Waiting On The Woman Who Runs The Show

Earlier this year, I found out that The Hubs and The Boy take bets on how long it will take me to get ready for a family outing.  Whether it's our week long vacation, a trip to the zoo, a hike in the woods, a picnic in the park, or a day at the beach.  They bet on how late I will be, past the projected departure time.

That's okay, I have a good defense.  I'm the Mom.  Not only do I have to prepare myself for the day, I have to prepare for the day itself.  While each member of the family only seems to think about themselves : washing, dressing, eating ..."Okay, let's go!".  I have to think about what the events of the day may require of us... all five of us.

First there's the morning routine:
1) Have Punkin and Princess taken their daily medications?
2) Are they dressed appropriately for the occasion?
3) Have they made their beds and straightened their room?
4) Have they eaten breakfast?

Then we pack (depending on our destination):
1)  The camera and some extra batteries.
2)  Sunblock for the before, and skin lotions for the after (when applicable).
3)  Insect repellent, hand sanitizer, and wet wipes.
4)  Bathing suits, towels, and a change of clothes.
5)  Electronics;  mp3 players, cellphones, handheld gaming devices, Kindles, and all associated chargers.
6)  Have I chosen a geocache or two to hit while we're out?  Print the map and clue sheet.
7)  Pain medications for the old folks, and allergy meds for whoever may be in need.
8)  The cooler, lunch, and snacks.
9)  Accessories; hats, sunglasses, purses.
10)  A short list of things to pick up on the way out; gas, ice, snacks, bottled water.
  
Before we even think about leaving, I must prepare the house:
1)  No dirty dishes left in the sink.  I certainly don't want to come home achy and tired from a full day of activity, to be confronted by kitchen duties.
2)  Take out the trash, (especially if we plan to be gone for more than a day).
3)  Be sure that the pets have ample food and water.
4)  Take the dog out for a good long 'relieving'.

Oh yeah... I forgot about myself.  Am I ready to go?
Be the sure that the kids have something to occupy themselves with in the car, and finally...
Does anybody have to use the bathroom?

So go ahead, Gentlemen, place your bets.  We may be a half hour behind schedule, but you're guaranteed to have a good time today, because The Mama was prepared.

Is it just me, or are your outings this hectic, too?