Time Traveling Through Genealogy

I confess...

It's been quite some time since I've written a post, here, or on any one of my other blogs.  I haven't been Tweeting, and my face has hardly appeared on the "Book of Faces".  I can't even begin to tell you how many afternoon episodes of Law and Order I have missed.  Although, I have kept up with the laundry, and have thoroughly cleansed the bathrooms and kitchen, I must admit that several items in my home are blanketed in a layer of dust.

Yesterday, at the suggestion of my Punkin, it occurred to me to wonder if any of you have been wondering if I've fallen off the face of the planet.  Well, the truth is, I have, sort of.  I have fallen out of the present day, and have spent the past month wandering through the misty fogs of several other time periods.  I started my journey in the recent decades of Connecticut, and Virginia.  I followed a few trails leading into Georgia, Maryland, and New York.  I spent the nineteenth century dazed and confused in the little villages of County Cork, Ireland, and currently, I have found myself in 15th century England.

How have I managed to achieve these adventures without leaving my desk chair?  By immersing myself in online family ancestry research.  As I know I've mentioned before, my paternal grandmother had spent decades of her life tracing our family bloodlines, and discovering such gems as former American president, George Washington, several royal houses of Europe (Kings of England, Scotland, France, and Portugal), Charlemagne, and even Julius Caesar.  She's put together eight (or nine) volumes, for family reference, of lineage charts, copies of her documentation, and certificates of lineage from National and Worldwide Historical Societies.  As much as everyone in the family is impressed with her findings, I seem to be the only one who literally has to hold on to something heavy to keep myself from floating away to seventh Heaven, or dangerously attempting back flips, over it. 

So, I have become the next generation's amateur genealogist.  At this moment I have my hands full of several projects.  I'm putting together a volume of lineage for my Hubsy's maternal line.  I am reworking my grandmothers charts, and I'm tracing my maternal grandmother's line.  I recently assisted my best friend in building her lineage chart, and The Boy has asked me to trace his father's lines as well.  Whew!  I know, it's a lot, and yes, I burn myself out, some days, but I am in love with this work!  Several people have expressed to me that I should do this for a living, and I couldn't think of anything I'd love more, but I wouldn't even know where to start... except...

...Maybe if any of my readers would be interested, or know someone who might be interested, in having a little genealogy research done... drop me a line, and we'll try to work something out.