Fishy Fruit Chutney

what goes with fish?

I was born and raised on the Chesapeake Bay, and so you can expect nothing less from me than an intense love for seafood; crabs, clams, fish, shrimp, and scallops. My kids have followed my lead, but Hubsy, not so much. He'd rather have a hot dog. Luckily for him, with our budget, these things are delicacies, and don't come around so often. He's not opposed to fish, if I can make it tasty. Well, being that my best tasty-tools were limited to lemon-pepper and garlic-butter, I felt hard pressed to find something new.

About a year ago, I bought a lovely pacific salmon that came with a recipe for this topping. I used it once, and I've winged it ever since. You can wing it too, with:
  • A can of diced peaches, 
  • a can of diced pineapple, 
  • (including a little of the juice of each), 
  • a drizzle of olive oil, 
  • four minced cloves of garlic, 
  • one diced onion, 
  • salt, pepper, and a palm full of dried mint.  
  • Saute it in a frying pan until nice and hot, and Voila! A very tasty topping to any fish you can catch (in the ocean, river, lake, or freezer section). 
This is my non-recipe, but you can put your own spin on it.  Do mango and papaya, peaches and pineapple, or a mix of each! Do the mint or not. You will definitely enjoy!