Getchya Homemade Pizza Here!

My Princess had requested a homemade pizza for her special birthday dinner last week, and who am I to deny a princess of a birthday request?

So, I started out with Betty Crocker's Homemade Pizza Dough  recipe. It was super easy and I had all of the ingredients on hand, including the yeast. In fact, I made two. Let me tell you, that dough sure does rise! I used a 13 inch baking sheet, but I could have gone to 15 inches, or more! In any case, we ended up with a thick crust, but nobody here was complaining!

After pressing the dough into the baking sheet, I basted the edges with a mixture of melted butter, oregano, basil, garlic powder, and salt. Then I par-baked it for about five minutes. Then we set about the toppings. 


Spinach Pizza: 

-Alfredo Sauce
-A thin layer of shredded mozzarella cheese
-A generous spreading of frozen spinach, thawed and pressed in a sieve (to remove every drop of moisture)
-A generous spreading of petite diced tomatoes
-Another layer of shredded mozzarella cheese
-A generous sprinkling of Feta cheese crumbles



Bacon Cheeseburger Pizza:

-Pizza Sauce
-A thin layer of shredded mozzarella cheese
-A generous layer of cooked ground beef
-A generous layer of real bacon pieces
-A layer of shredded cheddar cheese


Once again, I basted the crust with my butter mixture, and then baked them at 425 degrees for about fifteen minutes. The spinach pizza was ready, but the burger one needed an extra two or three minutes. Depending on how thick your crust is,and how heavy loaded it with topping, you can decide for yourself how much longer it needs.


Don't you want to take a bite of this?!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hey! Thanks for visiting my blog! Your comments are welcomed and appreciated!