- Loosely mix together 2 cups of loose flour, 1 tablespoon of baking powder, 1/2 teaspoon of salt
- Now use a fork to cut in 1/2 cup of shortening.
- When there is no more loose powdery flour, and it mix has the consistency of course bread crumbs, then stir in 3/4 cups of milk.
- Combine it with the fork until the mix turns to a sticky dough.
- With floured hands, pull the dough away from the bowl, and slightly knead together into a ball. Lightly flour the outside of the dough ball, until no longer sticky.
- Roll out, and cut into circles.
- Bake at 450 for ten minutes.
|Have These... with ham & cheese!|
Take your favorite lunch meat and cheese, roll it up into... well, rolls... and bake them for about the same amount of time.
I also rolled up some shredded chicken, that was sauteed in barbecue sauce and sweet pickles.
- butter the dough after rolling it out, and spread a cinnamon sugar mixture over the top. Roll up and slice, (before or after baking) for cinnamon buns!
- Spread pasta or pizza sauce over the rolled dough, and sprinkle with mozzarella cheese. Roll it up, baste it with garlic butter, then bake!
- Roll up some Sloppy Joe for a not so sloppy roll!
- Make a hot tuna roll!
- Roll up any of your favorite fruit pie mixture, and sprinkle with confection sugar after baking!