Oniony Cheesey Stuffed Peppers

Green peppers are one of the easiest things to grow at home.  I can't seem to do it, but you can thank my nemesis tree for that.  (For those of you who don't know about my nemesis tree, you can catch up by reading this post from my nature blog).

Luckily, though, green peppers are on sale at the grocery store more often than not.  But what to do with them once I have them?

I like to slice them up and saute them in some butter, with sliced onions and smoked sausage. Hubsy likes that too, but he also likes to stuff them.

So last week Hubsy did just that.  The usual stuffing is some sort of rice and ground beef mixture in a tomato sauce ... but aaaah ... I hate that. So, we switched it up.  Instead of adding rice to boiling water, we added it to onion soup!  What a flavor boost!  After stuffing the rice and beef mixture into the peppers, Hubs topped them off with shredded mozzarella cheese before baking them.



As you can see, we served them with some fresh, sweet corn on the cob. First, we stuffed the peppers, and then we stuffed ourselves!